Administrative Clerks, Academic Year 2019-2020
ADMIN CLERKS POSITIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR AY 2019-2020
MUST HAVE WORK STUDY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION
ALSO RECRUITING SPECIALIZED CLERKS TO SUPPORT THE OFFICE PERSONNELS OF RESIDENTIAL LIFE
Please read the job description before submitting your application. Read more about the application procedure here and the requirements for working with us.
Clerical/Administrative Duties (100%)
- Memorandum and information distribution to staff and students
- Typing documents
- Greeting visitors to the office
- Using excel spreadsheets
- Data entry
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor
- Projects can be developed to meet the interests of the Student Clerk
- Must have work study
- Undergraduate or graduate student in good standing with the university and possessing a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and good standing with the University at the time of application and throughout the period of employment. Please note that GPA does not round up, any GPA below a 2.0 (1.999 or below) will make you ineligible for this position.
- Full-time academic status (12-13 units per semester) during period of employment.
Terms of Employment
- The Clerk is expected to represent Residential Life during their time at the position and adhere to office expectations and procedures.
- Maintain the required 2.0 minimum G.P.A. throughout the term of employment.
- Maintain full-time academic status (12-13 units per semester for undergrads) throughout the term of employment.
- Work at a regularly scheduled shift during the time of employment excluding official university holidays and breaks. Time off must be discussed with and approved by the supervisor in advance.
- Continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory job performance evaluation by the supervisor. Satisfactory job performance evaluation is defined as meeting expectations as defined by the job evaluation in all areas of the job description.
- The Clerk will receive compensation of $15.59/hr.
- Maintain positive working relationships with other Residential Life and Residential Student Services Program Staff.
- Be responsible with special staff privileges (i.e. access to office, phones, keys, office equipment, etc.).
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in all matters related to students and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the staff of Residential Life.