Residential Education Liaison
The Residential Education Liaison (REL) will serve as the connection point to UC Berkeley for the students living at our new housing sites located at Holy Names University, Mills College and Garden Village/New Sequoia.
While the RELs at all three housing sites will share the primary responsibility for serving as a liaison for UC Berkeley, each location will offer unique opportunities for the position.
- For our Mills College site we are excited to be rolling out a Living/Learning program where UC Berkeley students will have the opportunity to cross-enroll in Bio 001/002 and receive course credit. The REL will have a direct role in working to develop the first cohort participating in this program.
- At Holy Names University, the UC Berkeley students will be housed within their own building on the campus. The REL will work in partnership with the Holy Names staff to develop a connected community of UC Berkeley students within the larger Holy Names residential life program.
- The Garden Village & New Sequoia site are two newly constructed apartment complexes that will be coming online over the summer. The REL will be working primarily with a group of 30 graduate students living within the Garden Village site. They will also have the additional responsibility of serving as a liaison for both sites to ensure that the transition is successful for all residents as the new construction comes online.
We are currently seeking candidates who have previous experience in residential life and are enrolled at UC Berkeley for 2016-2017 year. Graduate enrollment is preferred. This will be a 19 hour a week position with a single room and meal plan included.
Requirements for the Position
When applying for any hall staff positions, please keep the following requirements in mind. There are no exceptions to these requirements, so please make sure you can meet all of these before you apply.
* You must be able to attend the entirety of training through the residence hall closing. If you plan on studying abroad, taking an internship, taking classes, etc. please make sure you can be back and ready to start training on Saturday, August 9, 2016. For the Spring 2017 semester, you must be able to start on Monday, January 9, 2017. If you cannot start on these dates, please do not apply, as exceptions will not be granted.
* You must be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student in good standing possessing a minimum of 2.300 cumulative GPA.
* I-9 Documents: This is the list of documents that you will need in your possession to be hired (PDF). You will need the physical originals (photocopies not accepted) these in your possession to begin the position.
* Background check: All positions are subject to a criminal background check. You will be given more information about how to complete the background check once you are offered a position.
Please see the Job Descriptions below for each of the Residential Education Liaisons
- Residential Education Liaison for Holy Names University Job Agreement, 2016-2017 (PDF)
Please note: We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and contacting candidates directly for an invitation to interview.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org